- The United States has assassinated a top figure in Iran, General Qassem Soleimani
- Reports have it that the warlord was killed by an airstrike
Various comments and reactions from the United States, show that people are happy following the death of Soleimani.
In some quarters, there are fears of vicious reprisal attacks on Americans by Iran, as the Iranian government has vowed to pay back the United States in its own coins.
READ THIS TOO: Breaking: Mogadishu Bombing Claims No Fewer Than 100 Lives
The Spectator Index summed up all that happened below:
- US strikes kill Qassem Soleimani, Iran’s most powerful commander, together with a senior leader in Iraq’s PMF.
- Killed shortly after arriving in Baghdad
- Strikes ordered by President Trump
- Iran’s Supreme Leader vows ‘harsh retaliation’
- Oil surges by over 3%
BREAKING: U.S. Secretary of State Pompeo says that Iraqis “danced in the streets” and chanted “no more Soleimani” following airstrikes – Al Arabiya
According to CNN, “President Trump ordered an airstrike at Baghdad International Airport that killed Qasem Soleimani, a key Iranian military commander, the Pentagon confirmed.”
@tedcruz: “According the the Obama Department of Defense, Qasem Soleimani was a terrorist directly responsible for the murder of over 500 US service men & women. Why are congressional Dems outraged that he’s finally dead?”
@benshapiro: “Barack Obama routinely droned terrorists abroad — including American citizens — who presented far less of a threat to Americans and American interests than Soleimani. So spare me the hysterics about “assassination.”