- Lionel Messi is one of the most talented and gifted football player in the history of the round leather game
- The diminutive Argentina national team and FC Barcelona captain has so much successes basically for his club but not country
Tongues have continued wagging over the dismal performance of Argentina against host, Brazil at the semi final stage of the 2019 Copa America competition after a 2-0 defeat to the Samba Boys.
Messi is often made the scapegoat whenever the national side, Albiceleste perform woefully in an tournament. It is rather unfortunate that the five time Ballon d’Or winner has not won a single football national honour for Argentina.
READ THIS TOO: #FIFAWWC: Will Super Falcons Go Past Germany?
The candid truth is that the Barcelona Messi is quite different from the Argentine Messi, in terms of motivation and dedication.
It is not just about woes and failure for Messi in the national colours as he won golds at the 2005 FIFA Under-21 and 2008 Olympics Football events. However, Messi has not achieved victory for the senior national team in a single competition.
The Barcelona star man has not been able to do these four things:
- Positive spirit while losing: Messi tends to fade away whenever the Argentina national team is trailing a team.
2. Motivating team mates: One of the qualities of a leader is to motivate and encourage his subjects when they are down. This quality of motivational spirit is lacking in Messi.
3. Not knowing club and country differs: The pattern of football played with the national is much more different and difficult compared to club football.
4. Influence differs between club and country: A good number of decisions taken at Barcelona on the field of play is influenced by Messi, but not so with the national side.