- Football is played inside a Stadium, but a good number of modern day footballers started on the streets
- In Nigeria, street is still popular but not as famous as it used to be some years ago
Sunday Dare writes and posted on Facebook on Saturday, October 19
Gone are the days.. When boys were boys
Rules of football when we were kids
- The fat kid was always the goalkeeper
2.The owner of the ball decides who plays
- If you didn’t participate in repairing the ball you were given a match ban
- The guy who’s never picked was to fetch the ball from the trees or bush when it got stuck, under the car or tunnel to play in the next game
- When the owner of the ball got annoyed, game over
- When you hit your toes against a stone and you notice blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues
- You can’t dribble the owner too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.
- No matter how many goals you scored, the winner would be determined by the last team to score
10.There is no referee.
11.There is fault only if the fault is serious .
12.The 2 best players can not play in the same team so everyone chooses their players.
13.If you are chosen last it is a humiliation and you will remain in defense.
14.If there is a penalty the goalkeeper is replaced by the best player of the team.
15.The best player on the field is always in the same team as the owner of the ball.
16.To distinguish the teams, one of the teams pulls off their shirts .
17.3 or 5 corner kicks in a row equal to a penalty.
18.There is always a house where when the ball fell there, we knew that the game was over. so be careful !!
19.Game over when its dark and we can barley see the ball, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment from our parents.😂😂
A. 2 stones respresnt d goalposts.
B. It’s always referred to as overstone when d goal is not clean
C. If d hall goes to hit an elderly person d ball is seized and all players must beg prostrating.
D. Head or tail when we toss d coin for which team would skin
E. Punctured felele ball is repaired with hot cutlass and rubber.
F. Later we started contributing money to buy balls to stop personal ownership.
However, you have forgotten that 11th commandment that says ‘if you miss the ball, don’t miss the leg’.
Doz good old days